Full program description
MGT-477: Roles for State, Tribal, and Territorial Governments in the Implementation of Disaster Housing Programs.
Courtesy of the San Patricio County Department of Emergency Management and the National Center for Disaster Preparedness at Columbia University.
- Date: June 25th, 2024
- Time: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (CT)
- Location: EOC Dome, 219 W. 5th Street, Sinton, TX 78387 OR via Zoom
How to obtain a certificate:
- Sign up for the course on this page.
- Take the pre-test.
- Attend the training on June 25th. Please bring an electronic device (phone, tablet, or laptop) if attending in-person.
- Take the post-test and evaluation.
Please wait up to two weeks for your certificate. We look forward to seeing you soon!
This instructor-led training will provide the learners with information on how state, territory, and tribal (STT) governments can plan for and implement disaster housing programs. The course will include an overview of disaster housing task forces, key disaster planning documents (state housing strategy, disaster housing administrative plan, disaster housing plan), and how to incorporate planning considerations for vulnerable populations. A review of state and federal housing assistance programs will also be addressed. It will include reviewing issues, including requirements for receiving funds, managing, and reporting funds, and closeout requirements.
- Given slide-based resources, identify three concepts of disaster housing and identify the importance of disaster housing planning.
- Given slide-based resources, describe the potential members and goals of a state Disaster Housing Task Force.
- Given slide-based resources, identify the critical components of a state Disaster Housing Strategy and Administrative Plan.
- Given slide-based resources, describe the necessary components of a state disaster housing plan.
- Given slide-based resources, identify applicable disaster housing assistance programs.
Hosted by Shanna Owens with the San Patricio County Department of Emergency Management.
This project is supported by Cooperative Agreements EMW-2020-CA-00064, EMW-2021-CA-00092, EMW-2021-CA-00093, EMW-2022-CA-00037, and EMW-2023-GG019446 administered by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. Points of view or opinions expressed in this document are those of the author and do not represent the official position or policies of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.