Full program description
MGT-488: Pandemic Planning: Emergency Management and Public Health Coordination.
Courtesy of the State of Alaska Department of Health and the National Center for Disaster Preparedness at Columbia University.
- Date: Tuesday, April 2nd, 2024
- Time: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (AKST)
- Location: KTOO, 360 Egan Dr, Juneau, AK 99801 OR via Zoom
How to obtain a certificate:
- Sign up for the course on this page.
- Take the pre-test.
- Attend the training on April 2nd. If you are attending in person, please bring an electronic device (phone, tablet, or laptop)
- Take the post-test and evaluation.
Please wait up to 48 hours for your certificate to appear in your account. We look forward to seeing you soon!
This management level, instructor-led training will provide participants with an understanding of how emergency management and public health/medical agencies can coordinate during pandemics and other public health emergencies. The course will review the roles and responsibilities of state, local, federal, nongovernment, and private sector entities during pandemics. An overview of the National Disaster Medical System (NDMS) will also be provided. The goal of the course is to provide participants with ways to increase coordination between agencies so that they are more prepared during a public health emergency. Upon completion of this course, the learner will be able to successfully complete questions based on the following learning objectives:
- Describe the roles and responsibilities of the State and Local Departments of Health during a Public Health Emergency.
- Identify the roles, capabilities, and avenues of coordination and sustainability with Healthcare Coalitions (HCC) in support of a Public Health Emergency.
- Analyze the National Disaster Medical System Capabilities.
- Examine federal and regional constructs available to coordinate during large-scale emergencies.
Hosted by the State of Alaska Department of Health.
This project is supported by Cooperative Agreements EMW-2020-CA-00064, EMW-2021-CA-00092, EMW-2021-CA-00093, EMW-2022-CA-00037, and EMW-2023-GG019446 administered by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. Points of view or opinions expressed in this document are those of the author and do not represent the official position or policies of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.